Learn how to make piles of cash as a home-based content writer.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Backlinks:The importance of the backlink

This word has been ringing in my ears for the past few weeks, this is all I ever hear! Backlinks backlinks backlinks!!!! I am not an expert I am still learning and still grasping the concept of many things, this week I am getting to grips with backlinks and trying to build them for my various articles and for my blog. So what are these backlinks? Well they are incoming links to a website or webpage, from another web source. This indicates the popularity or importance of that particular site or page and can increase the sites page ranking. Backlinks are very important in the in terms of search engine optimization or SEO. Backlinks from high ranked pages can be very useful in improving the search engine page rank, especially if the particular topic is similar or geared towards that of that page or site i.e if the keywords are similar or the same. I have heard so many people so that you can create your own backlinks by contiously linking to your other blogs or articles. Also by searching particular topics or forums and commenting with your link on it willl eventually create a web of backlinks, this takes time and effort and will work but over a period of time, patience is required.

Backlink building methods

Backlink tools

I am came across this backlink building tool on a website, that allows you type in your keywords and it comes up with a list of sites that you can potentially post your link on to that will create a string of backlinks to yoru site or page. This particular website has a whole host of SEO tools you can use for free, and they are very easy to use especially for a novice. http://www.webconfs.com/backlink-builder.php

Reciprocal linking
For example, if I have a website and my neighbour has a website, I link to my neighbours webiste and he or she links to mine, a reciprocal link has then been created. It is common to submit links to a recirpocal link exchange directory to improve search engine ranking, this type of linking is important becasuse Google uses link popularity algorithms (which are number of links that led to a particular page and the anchor text of the link)to rank websites for relevancy.

As I am a novice in this game but I am learning I am still researching and taking in all this new information, a very good place to find some great information on backlinks and search engine optimization is Wikepedia, I am currently researching and assimilating all its information go to the following link to find out different methods of linking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_website_linking

If you need backlinks
Clickhere


No comments:

Post a Comment