Learn how to make piles of cash as a home-based content writer.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Writing Through Depression

Hello

I have been away for while, well technically I have still been here but I have been so busy with a lot of things. For example, my book is now out and so I have a lot to do at the moment. I am also working on several other blogs and websites as part of my company, Intrigue Media Group. So, as you can imagine I have a lot of things on at the moment. Anyway, the purpose of this post is to talk about writing through depression.  I wanted to talk about it because I have been experiencing depression in some form for the past few years. It kind of went away, well it never really goes away but it calmed down for a while.It came back a few months ago, it was triggered by a family problem. Anyway I am not going to get into the family problem, but I have a had a lot going on, the darkness came back.

Anyway, one thing I have learnt over the years is, one of the best ways of alleviating the symptoms of depression is to talk about or, to write about it. Write about how I feel, it is almost cathartic, if you know what I mean.  I have found that it gives me peace, also creating a routine for myself, gives me focus.  Reminds me every day to stay on track and just get on with it. Being depressed is far from easy, but once you establish a routine for yourself and create ways of improving your mood on a daily basis, you will find that things do get better. Right now, even though things are kind of hard with all the issues that are going on, I have found that writing has helped me to get through the dark days. I watched this film called Gifted Hands a while ago, and the mother in the film was severely depressed. She called it a darkness that she could not control, I can understand this, because sometimes I feel the same way. Sometimes I wake up and I can feel that I am in a dark mood. I so tired, and so low that I just can't get out of bed. I have to drag myself out of bed sometimes, force myself to get up. It can be hard but you know, once I get out of bed, do my workout, get my son ready and get myself ready. I feel better, I usually do some writing when my son goes to bed for the afternoon, once I pick up a pen or turn on my laptop I feel an instant relief. I feel better, happier, stronger.

I have spoken to a couple of people who have suffered the same thing, I told them to write. Even if you don't make your living from writing you can still write. Write, write, write and write, trust me you will feel better for it. Write until you feel like you can't write anymore, write until you feel like you have emptied your mind of all the thoughts that you had stored in there. Just write and write, I have been writing since I could pick up a pen, and to be honest I think it has been my remedy for most of my life. I have only been making a living from writing for the past four years but it has always been my calling. It has always been something that I was born to do.

Okay, so now I have managed to get back to writing this blog, I am going to be doing it a lot more from now on. Please add me on Twitter @writingthedream and take a look at my book website http://www.edinajackson.co.uk. I have so many things going on right now including new websites and online magazines for my company, more book promo and more books coming out this year and next year. So, it is safe to say I have a lot to do to keep me busy.

Happy writing people, and keep your dreams alive. Never give up.  Oh, and for daily inspiration go to one of Intrigue Media Groups http://www.big-somnium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment