Learn how to make piles of cash as a home-based content writer.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Set your Writing Goals for 2011

2011 is nearly upon us! Well by the time you read this it will probably be 2011! So now is the time to set your writing goals for the up and coming year. I have already set mine and I have a mammoth task ahead of me. I know I will get it done with the power of positive thinking and determination. I will be getting everything I have planned to get done for 2011 done. So what about you? What are your writing plans for 2011? Do you hope to have a book published? Do you hope to get published in a newspaper or magazine? Do you hope to gain credibility as a freelance writer? What are your goals?

Don't set unrealistic goals


Why do I say that? Because when you set yourself goals that are too high you become lazy. I am not saying there is anything that is impossible for you to achieve. What I am saying is that when you say something like, in two weeks time I want to be published in the New York Times. If you have had no writing experience and you are just a beginner with no writing published anywhere that is unrealistic. If you say by the end of 2012 I hope to have gained enough experience to be able to get published in the New York Times then I will say that is unrealistic. So if you have never written anything and had it published before, well now is the time for you to start setting yourself goals. You might want to start looking for a small home based writing course to take. If you are a creative writer, start writing the first chapter of your book if that is what you want. Set yourself short and long term goals.

Write everything down

I am a sucker for writing lists. Some people think I am OCD because of it, but writing things down can really help you visualise your goals. I have achieved so much using this method. So get your pen and paper out and start writing a list of things you want to achieve for 2011. Start as you mean to go on and give 2011 a whole new lease of life. Do you want to get to the end of the year and realise that everything you have set for yourself has not come to pass. That is the worst feeling, getting to the end of the year and still being in the same old place. So this next year strive to achieve your goals.

Change the way you think

Now is the time for you to change the way you think. When I say that I mean if you have ever had a negative attitude. If you have ever felt like you can't achieve all you want then you have to start changing the way you think. Start thinking positive. Start thinking that nothing is beyond you. You have the power within yourself to achieve anything that you put your mind to. You have the power within you to get what you want out of life.



Now is the time to start thinking positive and changing your life for the better. keep writing and enjoying life. Keep the faith and happy new year! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment