Learn how to make piles of cash as a home-based content writer.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Use Google Trends to increase your traffic

I am discovering new ways everyday to increase traffic to my articles, people always say content is king, and it is very true. You have to know what people want to read when it comes to online writing, you have to be aware of what people are searching for. I have been using Google trends every day to find out what are the top 5 things people are searching for that day. I normally pick two and write a piece on each one. I have noticed by doing this my traffic increases about 5 fold for each article. Try and pick something you are actually interested in though instead of just picking the thing that is number one on the list, it is always best to write about things you actually like rather than just picking any old subject. I can pretty much write about anything as I have the mind of a journalist but I still like to browse through the different topics and pick one that I am most interested in. If you feature the keywords in your title and sporadically throughout your article this will no doubt increase the amount of people who actually find your article by searching on Google. Try and use this tool every morning before you start your day of writing and you will no doubt see a major difference in your traffic. Be patient though because things don't always happen over night. Go to www.google.com/trends for the daily search trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment