Learn how to make piles of cash as a home-based content writer.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King: What Writers Can Learn From His Greatness




As I am over here in the UK, we don't celebrate the day that one of the most influential men to ever walk the face of this Earth came into existence. I work for myself so, I guess I could say I had the chance to reflect on everything this awe inspiring man ever did. Have you ever met anyone over the age of say, 18 who does not know Dr Martin Luther King was? Dr. King stood for courage, conviction, the belief that nothing, and I mean nothing is impossible. When he said "I have a dream this afternoon", he was saying that he could visualise change. He believed that everything we conceive can be a possibility. His captivating way of expressing his visions, thoughts and feelings gave everyone hope. This is the attitude that we should still continue to this day, the strong belief that change can come, and change will come. The world I would say, has come on leaps and bounds since the days Dr. King was alive, but his legacy still lives on.  There is still so much that can be done and still so much to do. So, now readers, what is my point?

We can all learn from Dr King, we can all learn that we too, can visualise a dream. We too, can make a difference. Do you want to use your writing to make a difference? Do you want to use your writing to change the way people think? Do you want to create better quality of life for yourself and your family? Whatever it is that you want, it is written. You just have to take action, get up, plan, go after your dreams with conviction and zest. Grab life and run with the talents that you have been blessed with. Speak of change on a daily basis, remain positive and continue to work with integrity. Work hard, believe in the power of hard work and never, ever give up. Do you think that Dr. King had a defeatist attitude? No, his beliefs were steadfast, his faith was unwavering. Therefore; you must have the same level of conviction, the same level of fight within you to keep on going no matter how many times you have been rejected, just keep banging down that door. Don't ever stop fighting. There was a time in the not too distant past when the defeatist attitude was the Zeitgeist. The recession led to so many people just giving up and sitting on welfare feeling sorry for themselves. There is a better way people. Trust me, I have had my fair share of problems, I have had my fair share of issues in my life, but I have, and I am still working on pushing through those issues and making a better life for myself.

Okay, take a breath, inhale, exhale. Begin, I talk a lot, so you will just have to bare with me if I don't stop going on. Writers, do you wish that you could see your name on the bestseller list? Are you working a regular job and complaining every day that you wish things would take off for you in terms of your writing? Well, I have nothing else to say for you but, "I have a dream." You have a dream so why are you not following your dream? If you are a writer and you have already made it that far, is there not more that you could do to make a difference? Is there not more that you could do to put your stamp on this planet? Surely there is, because none of us will ever reach perfection so, there is always something that we could be doing to better ourselves or help better others. Help to change lives and change yourself at the same time.

Anyway please take a moment to digest my final words. Maya Angelou said this, "I have a magic charm that I keep up my sleeve, I can walk the ocean floor and never have to breathe." Walk that ocean floor and be the best that you can be.

Last words. Dream Dream Dream.

Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King.

5 comments:

  1. Dr.King was all that and more. I completely agree that writers can certainly learn and be inspired by this great man. Awesome post :) I am happy to say I ran into you on Linkedin, hope to run into you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl! Great to meet you! yes Dr. King was all that and more....words cannot really describe the influence this great human being had on this planet. I hope to run into you again soon too...thank you once again for coming to my blog. Keep the faith xxxx all for love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earn Money Answering Questions at www.bulkanswer.com No Reg Fee, No Other Charges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making content and earned money that's really great ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know about his article.and also great content describe over here.
    thanks for sharing such a informtion

    ReplyDelete